Firearms Law

Canada’s gun law require that all non residents complete a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration form (JUS 909EF), which will serve as a license and registration. This is also required to purchase ammunition. There is a fee of $50 CDN that is good for 12 months. This form must be filled out in triplicate and must be signed in the presence of the customs officer. Hunters are advised to complete the form prior to arrival. The form is not available on the RCMP website, we will email you a copy to fill out prior to arrival.

You will fly into the Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada International Airport.

If you arrive early before your scheduled hunt you can stay at a number of hotels within Saskatoon. Please call us and we can help you out with locating a hotel.

All sport taken migratory birds imported into the US via Canada must have 1 fully feathered wing attached to the carcass (Head and Feet do not count)

All imports into the US of sport taken migratory birds may only be imported by the person who hunted them. A hunter cannot give the birds to another person to take into the US on their behalfAny mounted/taxidermized birds, geese, or cranes can only be imported in the US when accompanied by a US migratory bird import/export permit. This may have to be applied for in advance.

No other types or forms of migratory birds will be allowed into the US, no sausage or processed meat.

All illegal birds and/or meat will be seized and charges will be laid.

You will need a firearms declaration form to clear your shotgun through customs. Non-Resident Firearm Declaration (form JUS 909 EF).

You can print the form from the link on this page or we can send you one in the mail.

A Customs Officer must confirm your declaration. The confirmed declaration will serve as a temporary license and registration certificate for up to 60 days.

Please fill out the declaration form before you arrive to save time at the point of entry. However, note that the form MUST be signed in front of the Customs Officer at the point of entry.

A Non-Resident Firearm Declaration will cost $50.00 CDN. It can be renewed any number of times within a 12 month period at no extra cost.

To bring a non-restricted firearm into Canada:

1. You must be at least 18 years old (see number below to call for options for minors who use firearms)
2. You must declare your firearms at your first point of entry

The Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) is responsible for all Customs procedures. Here are the basics if you are bring firearms into Canada:

You can obtain forms and additional information on the legal requirements under the Firearms act by calling 1-800-731-4000 (If you live in the US) or 1-506-624-5380 (if you live in another country).

We are committed to managing our number of hunters to ensure that hunters will have excellent hunting throughout their stay. Our hunters will be happy with a solid effort and a well organized, well run hunt. We are committed to a policy of 100% “fair chase” and stress principles and ethics above all else.

It is your responsibility to make sure you will not be refused entry into Canada. Refusal of entry by Canada Customs and Immigration is not sufficient reason for a refund. If you have ever had any criminal charges, even a D.U.I., you might have difficulty entering into Canada and may need to clear it up months beforehand. We can help you to do this.